The world is watching closely as Ukraine confronts the threat of escalating Russian aggression. The Ukrainian people are often overlooked by the latest headlines, despite decades of working to build an inclusive, democratic and peaceful society.
This event aimed to elevate the voices of Ukrainian women working on the frontlines and at the highest policy levels to promote peace. These leaders shared their urgent calls for maximum efforts by the international community to support their security.
- Kateryna Pavlichenko, Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, Ukraine
- Amb. Bill Taylor, Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine; Vice President, Russia and Europe, United States Institute of Peace (USIP)
- Amb. Oksana Markarova, Ukraine’s Ambassador to the United States
- Amb. Larisa Galadza, Canadian Ambassador to Ukraine
- Olena Suslova, Gender Expert; Founder, Women’s Information Consultative Center, Ukraine
- Natalia Karbowska, Director of Strategic Development, Ukrainian Women’s Fund
- Moderated by Amb. Melanne Verveer, Executive Director, Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security
- With voices of grassroots women leaders across Ukraine
- Hosted by the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security
Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace & Security